Please note that we are fully booked for 2017 and 2018. Proposals for 2019 need to reach us by 31 March 2018. Artists and curators will be notified of the selection outcome by the end of April 2018.
Exhibition proposals are invited from art practitioners and curators. We are looking to support innovative curatorial ideas for exhibition projects, which will foster discussion and engage members of the University and the public alike. Exhibitions will generally extend for a minimum of 4 weeks, including installation, and can be launched with a Private View. Before submitting a proposal, please check below whether your work is suitable for our space.
Types of work suitable for the exhibition space:
The ARB is suitable for work that is ready to be hung using our existing hanging rail system or can be placed on plinths and in display cabinets on the ground floor. Due to the nature of the building we are not able to display installation work or free-standing sculptures. We have one wall-mounted screen available for video works.
For further details about the exhibition space please go to The Exhibition Space.
Proposals should include:
- Full list of artists
- 300 words maximum outlining the idea for the exhibition and a working title
- Fully labelled images of works which are to be exhibited or which are representative of the work of the artists
- Website addresses of the artists
- There is no charge for the exhibition space
- There is no commission on sales, all proceeds go to the artists
- The ARB art committee will publicise the exhibition via events listings, mailing lists, social media and flyers
- The art committee will cover the cost of the Private View
- Material expenses, travel, transport and installation costs are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- Insurance of works during transit and for the duration of exhibitions, as well as liability insurance, are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- The art committee reserves the right to allocate space to artists for shared exhibitions
Applications should be combined into one PDF document and submitted by email to Judith Weik, firstname.lastname@example.org.