Please note that we are fully booked for 2019. Proposals for 2020 need to reach us by 31 March 2019. Artists and curators will be notified of the selection outcome by the end of April 2018.
Exhibition proposals are invited from artists and curators. We are looking to support innovative curatorial ideas for exhibition projects, which will foster discussion and engage members of the University and the public alike. Exhibitions will generally extend for a minimum of 4 weeks, including installation, and can be launched with a Private View. Before submitting a proposal, please check whether your work is suitable for our space.
Types of work suitable for the exhibition space:
The ARB is suitable for work that is ready to be hung using our existing hanging rail system or can be placed on plinths and in display cabinets on the ground floor. Due to the nature of the building we are not able to display installation work or free-standing sculptures. We have one wall-mounted screen available for video works.
For further details about the exhibition space please go to The Exhibition Space.
Proposals should include:
- Full list of artists
- An outline of the idea for the exhibition and a working title
- Fully labelled images of works which are to be exhibited or which are representative of the work of the artists
- Website addresses of the artists
- There is no charge for the exhibition space
- There is no commission on sales, all proceeds go to the artists
- The ARB art committee will publicise the exhibition via events listings, mailing lists, social media and flyers
- The art committee will cover the cost of the Private View
- Material expenses, travel, transport and installation costs are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- Insurance of works during transit and for the duration of exhibitions, as well as liability insurance, are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- The art committee reserves the right to allocate space to artists for shared exhibitions
- The art committee reserves the right to cancel exhibitions at any time
- The ARB art committee is run on a voluntary basis by university staff based at the Alison Richard Building.
We operate on a modest budget and do not have technicians. We are reliant on the artists’ to help with the installation of their exhibitions.
- You can contact the committee via email: jw571(at)cam.ac.uk or via phone: 01223 760 488 (ask for Judith)
Applications should be combined into one PDF or Word document and submitted by email to Judith Weik, firstname.lastname@example.org.